Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Default 3-bet KTs

UTG is 37.4/23.7/1.9
The other guy is 40.7/18.5/0.8

Is pf too loose? River?

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 10-24-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: 3-bet KTs

This is taking it too far IMO

If you were OTB vs his HJ raise Id like it more. But its by no means a disastrous play
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 PM

pf is bad. I c/c river but expect to lose to CO's Qx a lot
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is pf too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah imo yeah imo

river? can't bet obviously. so is J9/Tx enough of his range when he bets to justify calling? Doubt it.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM

Sushi

The thing with LAGs is that often they arent looser than you and me UTG.

You wanna punish them with 3-bets when they get closer to the button and have a wider range and when you are more sure of buying the button.

Looking to 3-bet more should be done vs players with a wide'ish range and/or players who starts folding a lot or play really honest postflop when you 3-bet
Old 10-24-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sushi

The thing with LAGs is that often they arent looser than you and me UTG.

You wanna punish them with 3-bets when they get closer to the button and have a wider range and when you are more sure of buying the button.

Looking to 3-bet more should be done vs players with a wide'ish range and/or players who starts folding a lot or play really honest postflop when you 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked back on what range he showed down after raisin UTG: 44, AA, JJ, J9s, AT, ATs. Like u predicted it looks perfectly normal. So I am a dog here. He will probaly win more hands than me too given his laggier style.

I'm trying to improve my 6max play especially against LAGs. But this was not the right way obviously.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 PM

I don't like preflop either. When you win you'll often win a small pot but if you're dominated there's som grim reverse implied odds.

I think I'll c/c river getting 10:1.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:14 PM

i think he calls your river bet with more worse hands than he bets, because he has pp's in his range, so b/f&gt;c/c.

so it's between b/f and c/f. if c/f were close to c/c, then of course b/f is better (if we accept that b/f&gt;c/c). but i don't think it's that close - i think he will turn his pp's into bluffs significantly less often than necessary to call his bet. so there's much less incentive to try to block his bluffs with a bet.

in other words, i think b/f&gt;c/c, but c/f&gt;&gt;c/c, so that makes it a c/f for me.