Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 08:05 AM

Default 6.50 mid pair 3rd level weird line,

Ok this happened last night at the start of a set and I think I played it a bit weird raising in this spot. But I don't know.

I think pf that fold/raise are very close and call is probably just behind. But advice on all streets would be greatly appreciated as well as alternate lines.

Nothing significant on villain.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2115)
UTG+1 (t2155)
MP1 (t2555)
MP2 (t1350)
CO (t1155)
Hero (t1435)
SB (t1360)
BB (t1375)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, CO calls t50, <font color="red">Hero raises to t175</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, CO calls t125

Flop: (t425) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t425) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets t100</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t250</font>, CO calls t150

River: (t925) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150

As played I really like how I played the turn, I wonder what you guys put villain on when he fires that weak bet at the river.

Obv. looking back at the hand missing the flop bet was pretty stupid and I can't remember my thought process at the time, except maybe didn't want to risk a significant part of my stack.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: 6.50 mid pair 3rd level weird line,

Why don't you bet that flop ? It seems perfect for your hand.

I hate the turn raise, make it real if you want to raise as here you're offering something like 5:1. That said, I would not raise there. I call.

As played river call is ok but he often has a T or Q, here, imo.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:01 AM

if u raise turn u might as well value shov river....calling turn is best
Old 09-13-2007, 09:16 AM

Yeah I noted that i threw up when I went through the flop in OP.

his bet was so weak I thought I had him. So i raised the little to look like a queen and to get a cheap show down.

I know I butchered this though.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if u raise turn u might as well value shov river....calling turn is best

[/ QUOTE ]

what calls a shove that I beat?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM

I really dislike preflop with the limper,just limp there.U will get good enough implied odds that way,the limper wont fold to your raise most of the time and 77 is really though to play postflop in a rather big pot.

As played I like a flop bet to define your hand with so many possible scare cards for the turn.On the turn I would only call,your mini raise doesnt accomplish much.On the river u should be beat most of the time but i wouldnt let it go for that juicy odds.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 AM

I would like to limp this preflop, i think raising become +EV only when stacks are much deeper, like they are in no-limit...

[ QUOTE ]
As played I like a flop bet to define your hand with so many possible scare cards for the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dislike preflop with the limper,just limp there.U will get good enough implied odds that way,the limper wont fold to your raise most of the time and 77 is really though to play postflop in a rather big pot.

As played I like a flop bet to define your hand with so many possible scare cards for the turn.On the turn I would only call,your mini raise doesnt accomplish much.On the river u should be beat most of the time but i wouldnt let it go for that juicy odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree pre flop, I think raising is fine... you create a situation where a cbet can often take down a big pot, you don't mind a call because you're in position, and can easily represent big cards if they come... I think limping is ok too but if you don't hit that flop you're folding 90% of the time

Absolutely must bet this flop... there are almost no turn cards you will like here, and you're probably ahead. Once you check, just call on turn and river and keep the pot small, imo