Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 10:47 PM

Default 27: two bubble hands versus 2p2er

Vilian is a very well respected 2p2er who is incredibly solid

I was 3204583209 tabling and I think I made two bad plays here. What do you think villain's ranges are in these hands, and are you calling? Assume villain plays optimally, and I am almost positive that he knows who I am and knows that I am also solid.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t400 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t4340)
Button (t4705)
SB (t1835)
Hero (t2620)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t1810 (All-in)</font>, Hero?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t400 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t2570)
Button (t4705)
SB (t1835)
Hero (t4390)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t1810 (All-in)</font>, hero??
Old 10-24-2006, 10:54 PM

Default Re: 27: two bubble hands versus 2p2er

fold both..what was 2p2er's stars name ?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sippin_criss, should've just written that in OP i guess. what range do u put him on? i actually folded both, but I'm having a hard time finding a fold in SNGPT unless I put him on what seems to be an unreasonably tight range. Although I guess the fact that he knows me tightens his range? Maybe with two good players like this I should just go with the equilibrium?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:38 PM

I'd call the first one fold the second one.

In the first one, he has position on you and you two are battle for the short stack. I think you're good against his range. I'm sure it's very close though.

Second one, with the way the stacks are, I'm folding a hand that is this close. I'm looking for places to open here. I don't want to jeopardize my healthy stack making a thin call.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would not be cool to answer if 2p2er isn't playing under this 2p2 sign-in.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vilian is a very well respected 2p2er who is incredibly solid

I was 3204583209 tabling and I think I made two bad plays here. What do you think villain's ranges are in these hands, and are you calling? Assume villain plays optimally, and I am almost positive that he knows who I am and knows that I am also solid.

CO (t4340)
Button (t4705)
SB (t1835)
Hero (t2620)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t1810 (All-in)</font>, Hero?

CO (t2570)
Button (t4705)
SB (t1835)
Hero (t4390)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t1810 (All-in)</font>, hero??

[/ QUOTE ]

The first hand I am pushing 100%

The second hand I am pushing about 75% to 90% (at the very least 75%, but usually much closer to 85% or 90%), because I prefer to push on the shorty, but I wont pass up a 4BB push that easily when my stack is dwindling.

Sorry about the results if I busted you.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:51 PM

Call and call and that is against optimal ranges. There are a lot of 2+2ers who push too much here as well
Old 10-24-2006, 11:56 PM

I ran SNGPT from his perspective, and he's getting &gt;+1.0% on ANY TWO in both situations

I would call only the 2nd because I like making +ev calls when my stack is healthy and promise to keep my composure if I lose. Seeing as they were both in the same tournament, metagame effects of calling and losing with T9s would leave you with a 2er in your SB who is very adept at bubble play and a somewhat loose image for you. Your future pushes would lose some credibility and, after all this rambling, I like folding better. I elect to fold the first one as well because SB knows you have an understanding of +ev calling ranges and I'd rather coin flip with a better holding. NH J.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ran SNGPT from his perspective, and he's getting &gt;+1.0% on ANY TWO in both situations

I would call only the 2nd because I like making +ev calls when my stack is healthy and promise to keep my composure if I lose. Seeing as they were both in the same tournament, metagame effects of calling and losing with T9s would leave you with a 2er in your SB who is very adept at bubble play and a somewhat loose image for you. Your future pushes would lose some credibility and, after all this rambling, I like folding better. I elect to fold the first one as well because SB knows you have an understanding of +ev calling ranges and I'd rather coin flip with a better holding. NH J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather have to call the first one than call the second one. I think both are foldable though, but the second one is alot more foldable.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the metagame of a 2er seeing you call with T9s is 100% good b/c they may think twice b4 pushing any 2 in a spot like this in the future.