Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 02:10 PM

Default The Little Green Book Study Posts?

I know you all have done study type groups on a couple other books, and I've enjoyed going through them. However, I was wondering if their might be some interest in doing the same thing with JUST THE FLOP SECTION of this book. There are some things in their I'd like to discuss like bet sizing and so forth. I do think Phil really simplifies some things in this book conceptually.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this will be something that will have interest or not, but I'm planning on making a post here or there on the flop section on this book.

I don't think anyone should have any problems with copyright issues, as I think this only promotes the purchase of the book and do not plan on having it be just quoted through.

He starts off with these thoughts.

On the flop, you have 2 decisions to make:

1. Should I put chips in?

2. If so, how many?

In order to answer those 2 questions, you need to be thinking about what your oppenent is likely to hold and then ehlp them make a mistake like:

1. Fold a better hand.

2. Call a big bet with a worse hand.

3. Fail to bet or raise when I a worse hand or draw.

Any thoughts or comments on this part?

I think it's fair to say that I'm not thinking much about those 3 things when I play. I think when I do, I end up in FPS. Most of the time it goes something like:

I have AKo and raise PF, and the BB calls. The flop comes down something like K72r and I bet about the pot cuz I always do, and that's the end of it. I often wonder if I should be doing something differently, or if it's really just the fact that I'm playing NL25 and NL50 and so many are just going to call big bets anyway, so bust out the psb or whatever.

Anyway, the following parts of the flop section of this book he makes some general statements about bet sizing and so forth that I will post later. Does it sound like a decent idea to go through these?

Thx,

QTip