Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:47 AM

Default An apology to the 2+2ers....(OT)

No hand history conversion here because the details aren't important.

Less important part->I made a set that filled up on river with a 3 flush on board and villian had the flush.

More important part->He's none too happy. He goes into a typical fishy rant. "You're the luckiest MFer" "I can't believe you made that call" "I bet you think you're real good don't you?" And then something bad happens....I retort. I told him that his min-raise was a lousy bet, and was never going to get rid of my top-set with it. I told him that even if I did think he had the flush, I had ten outs. I explained why that made his min-raise soooo bad and my call make sense. I told him to shutup and stop whining.
About this time someone else at the table chimed in with "Now girls, am I gonna have to separate you?" or something to the like. {Note....sounded really familiar from the Notice to JanBennett thread....2+2er? I fired a "sup bro" but the response was a vague "what's up with you"}
When that was said, it hit me like a brick. OMG ja, WTF are you doing? You're tapping the [censored]ing tank.
Not only was I berating the fish for coming at me, I was doing it in the worst way possible. I was also giving strategy advice to him and all the other fishies at the table, and any lurking fishies. I was telling them to "please, please, please bet your made hand so big I can't get in at a decent price" Why?....I dunno. I shutup immediately, but the damage had been done. How many future buy-ins did I potentially cost us all?

Please....flame away for me berating the fish and telling bad people to please play good. I'm very sorry for what I've done, but I deserve your angst.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Re: An apology to the 2+2ers....(OT)

Thinly veiled brag post disguised as an apology?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There...changed....
Old 07-06-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way thin. Thinner than Kiera Knightley on Bulimia Day.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56 AM

yea, seriously, if you wanna brag, its fine, but dont do it in a strategy forum, that is extremely self-indulgant to post something like that and not openly say you are bragging
Old 07-06-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More important part->He's none too happy. He goes into a typical fishy rant. "You're the luckiest MFer" "I can't believe you made that call" "I bet you think you're real good don't you?" And then something bad happens....I retort.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against jerks, retorts aren't so bad, because they traffic in bile. You just can't educate them. "Yup, gonna buy me some new shoes" might even keep them around for a while. It's like the martial arts principal of using your opponent's weight against him; when they come rushing at you, you don't dig in, you step aside and stick out your foot.

It's the nice donkeys you can't berate, because they just hit the road. Just gotta give them "gh", "gutsy call", "wow, way to hang in there".
Old 07-06-2006, 10:05 AM

What part of this do I need to erase to eliminate the "bragging." Tell me and it's gone. I find, like many others, that if you tell the world the stupid thing you did, you're less likely to repeat that action. My title stands...it is my meaning.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find, like many others, that if you tell the world the stupid thing you did, you're less likely to repeat that action.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, someone already told you what you did was stupid at the table so why post here?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:08 AM

just say "I made a set that filled up on river with a 3 flush on board", the whole play-by-play makes it seem like you are bragging, then proceed with how the fish berated you, that is all
Old 07-06-2006, 10:20 AM

You can brag to your opponent, not here. I pissed a normally tight person off the other day and won extra money by switching from bully to tag. He got in almost every pot that I raised pf. Tell them they suck, just don't tell them why.

Edit: How's that?
Closed Thread