Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 01:35 PM

Default short-handed FD hand.

This was from another interesting party session.

villain is loose and pretty passive. He was new to the table at this point, however, so I didn't have much on him. BB is loose as well and makes some pretty wonky plays.

Table as a whole is what I'm becoming used to at party. Primarily loose-passives and weak-tights, with one or two LAG/TAG-types. Quite a few PFRs are taking pots uncontested, but not as many as in previous sessions.

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

I figured with it being 7-handed, plus the chance of taking the pot there, this wasn't awful. I wouldn't do it full ring, esp at this table which usually doesn't have enough players to the flop to justify a speculative hand. I was hoping this sorta semi-bluff would either buy the pot or isolate the BB.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Pushing the equity edge a bit too far? Loving BB's raise-fold line though. Maybe a call is better here so as to get more bets in the pot in case I hit my flush?
does the BDSD and the single OC justify the extra push or was this 3bet spew?

edit: The rest of the hand was standard, turn completed my nut flush. Thanks tyler!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: short-handed FD hand.

just cut off the action at the flop, unless you want your belly rubbed for betting and raising with the absolute nuts.

preflop raise is easy. flop 3bet is also easy, actually. it's for value if everyone calls; it might clean up outs if someone folds; it will often get you a free card.

so basically you just wanted a belly rub, then? good boy. gooooooood boooooooy.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM

I don't raise preflop or the flop.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise preflop or the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

god you're a nit.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:38 PM

I'd fold PF also. But I think flop 3bet is pretty good, as long as you're planning on taking a free card on the turn. And hey, you got BB to make a mistake, too.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:15 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flop is perfect, you have an overcard and the nut flush draw. This raise might be for value if sb calls, but you'll get a free card as well.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:23 PM

Marty,

as long as the board isn't paired, you have a draw to the ultimate nuts. Also, you have ~35% equity. Even if BB folds, only the bet that is "beyond" his raise is (as far as the FD is concerned) -EV, -1/6SB, to be exact. However, by investing that 1/6 of a SB (because that's the max it will ultimately cost you), you'll just about always get a free turn card and might even clean up some outs. So that 3bet is perfect in whatever way you look at it.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:42 PM

Preflop is sketchy, but its ok if you are on a table of tight players.

The flop is good, I am firing a 2nd barrel regardless of the turn. If SB calls the 2nd barrel, I am checking the river UI.