Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Default King-rag from the BB blargh

Party p0rker $0.50/$1.00 6-max

Hero is the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop:
UTG calls, MP calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop:
7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero?

wtf?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: King-rag from the BB blargh

Bet every street until you get raised.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:41 PM

I would check here and raise one of the limpers only because it is short handed and they will probably bet with many hands you beat.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:42 PM

Could someone explain the reasons for one line vs. the other?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like betting. Check/raising doesn't really protect your hand. Alot of hands call this flop that we are ahead of.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:50 PM

They're both reasonable approaches.

If you lead the flop, you'll sometimes take it down right there, or you'll get called in one spot and take it down with a turn bet. (This particular hand is more likely to make it to the river since it's pretty draw-heavy; I'm just talking about the line in general).

If you c/r the flop, you'll occasionally give a free card, and you'll occasionally tie somebody to the pot who subsequently outdraws you. Then again, the pots you win will be a little bigger, and your play on future hands will be less predictable.

Either way, you're probably going to be leading the turn and river. Those are the streets where you're most likely to get into trouble.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 PM

I usually check top pair no kicker out of the blinds to judge the action behind me and to let limpers overplay their hands. If it gets folded back to me for example, I might just end up calling on the flop and let him continue to bet it on the big streets. If it gets back to me and there are still people to act behind, I might prefer to check raise.

Betting out basically announces that you have a king or similarly strong hand. If they are passive calling stations I could see that line being good, but against typical short handed players I like to give them a chance to take control.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're both reasonable approaches.

If you lead the flop, you'll sometimes take it down right there, or you'll get called in one spot and take it down with a turn bet. (This particular hand is more likely to make it to the river since it's pretty draw-heavy; I'm just talking about the line in general).

If you c/r the flop, you'll occasionally give a free card, and you'll occasionally tie somebody to the pot who subsequently outdraws you. Then again, the pots you win will be a little bigger, and your play on future hands will be less predictable.

Either way, you're probably going to be leading the turn and river. Those are the streets where you're most likely to get into trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this as well. You can definitely mix it up in these small pots where nobody is showing aggression. The coordinated board does make betting more attractive here, but it also makes them more likely to try and semi bluff you.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like betting. Check/raising doesn't really protect your hand. Alot of hands call this flop that we are ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not trying to protect your hand. You're just trying to trick people into bluffing this flop (even though that's a dumb flop for a bluff), or losing more with their JTo than they meant to.

It also offers the remote chance of getting away when one limper bets and the other raises.

That said I like a bet at .5/1 and a check at 3/6.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually check top pair no kicker out of the blinds to judge the action behind me and to let limpers overplay their hands. If it gets folded back to you for example, I might just end up calling on the flop and let him continue to bet it on the big streets. If it gets back to you and there are still people to act behind, I might prefer to check raise.

Betting out basically announces that you have a king or similarly strong hand. If they are passive calling stations I could see that line being good, but against typical short handed players I like to give them a chance to take control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolution nice post i think the main thing here is IMO most .50/1.00 6-max players are your typical call down monkeys. Really all three options are not bad here. My defualt on a board like this in this game is pretty much to bet.