Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Question for El Diablo

[ QUOTE ]
Don't post in this thread anymore unless you have something new to add. If things start getting repeated more, it will just get locked. If you disagree and choose not to participate here, you'll be missed, but of course that's your decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made the above post in your forum this is the thread I made the post in.

My post has been deleted without a trace. Can mods do that? I thought he had to edit it and change the stuff he did not like (they are his rules I can't see how he does not like them) and leave it there so that admins would be able to judge his actions.

Anyway no biggy I was just trying to point out to people in that thread that they need to raise the quality of it before it gets locked. I was just stating the forum rules in case some of them missed reading the sticky. I would hate to see it get locked I need more tipping advice and they are making great headway towards a unified tipping theory.

I enjoy your forum El D and I realize you are a beginner at this mod thing perhaps you just clicked the wrong button? How many similar posts are you deleting a day? By doing it in this manner we have no method with which to gauge how much you are controlling the ideas presenting in your forum. If you do it too much or for the wrong reasons I am sure action would be taken but nothing will happen if you are destroying the evidence.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Question for El Diablo

Stuey,

Anything in the forum is subject to deletion if I or other mods do not feel like it is appropriate.

Making a satirical post in another thread to protest my clearly stated policy in the Cardo thread is such an inappropriate post.

Making a satirical post in the ATF forum protesting this action is perfectly fine.

Any users who disagree with the moderation policies in my forum are free to not participate in the forum and/or comment on those policies in this forum.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:00 PM

I am also asking about the way you delete things. How can we tell how many things you have deleted? When [censored] deletes things in your forum he leaves the post there and puts a note in it like "Posted deleted by [censored]". This provides a record that X's post was deleted by [censored]. If [censored] deletes too many posts or seems to focus on one poster for some reason then others can at least notice it and ask why. It is about accountability.

Do you think new ideas are being presented in the tipping thread? Why is it not locked?

[ QUOTE ]
Any users who disagree with the moderation policies in my forum are free to not participate in the forum and/or comment on those policies in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be participating in your forum forever btw. Don't try to open the door for me so I will quietly leave I find that insulting. I don't care if you feel the need to delete my posts. But if you do I would prefer you to be accountable for it. Leave my post there and leave a note that you were the one to delete it.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Stuey

re: deleting

this is a function of the software. if a mod deletes a post which does not have a reply, it is deleted without a trace.

if however the post being deleted has been replied to, it instead is replaced with post deleted by XXXXX

that's all that is going on there, I haven't been leaving notes on my own, and El Diablo hasn't been choosing not to
Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 PM

[censored],

Thanks for clearing that up. So if a mod is fast to delete the post then there is not record of the action. I am just stating that I think the mod should edit posts that have not being replied to yet instead of using the delete function. The only reason they would choose not to do so is they want to erase all record of the action or they just are unaware of the way the software works.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:18 PM

stuey, another possible reason. its much easier
Old 02-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Stuey,

Mods will delete posts as they feel appropriate. That is the policy in the forum and we can agree to disagree. As I've said, if you don't agree with the rules, that's fine, don't participate. But trolling in the forum by you or anyone else will not be allowed.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:28 PM

Stuey,

"they want to erase all record of the action"

Yes. Posts considered noise by moderators in my forum will be removed as quickly and completely as possible.

Anyone with an issue regarding that policy can complain here or to the admins.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:38 PM

Why do you always get to pick how we can react to you?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone with an issue regarding that policy can complain here or to the admins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will pick how I want to react I don't need you to tell me. He deleted another of my posts btw. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I tried to create a record of his actions and made the following post.

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by El Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like jez you don't ever laugh or what?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM

Stuey,

Correct me if my recollection is faulty, but wasn't one of the stated reasons you asked to be de-greened, because you couldn't trust yourself with the almighty delete power?

David has been deleting threads with hundreds of posts from his forum... threads and posts are regularly deleted from other forums... this has been the case since the beginning of time*

Bottom Line: That forum is designed for heavier moderation... no nefarious intent... nothing to see here...

* well maybe not the beginning of all time, but you get the point