Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Extracting with the nutzers when I\'ve crippled the deck, [censored] tu

20NL at iPoker network. Both villains are relatively unknown. Weak read that UTG maybe doesn't suck that hard preflop as most unknowns.

SB: ($20.85)
BB: ($18.05)
UTG: ($17.25)
Hero: ($22.15)
Button: ($27)

Preflop: Edit: I have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG raises to $0.8, Hero raises to $2.8, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.5)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks?!?

<font color="blue"> I'm not getting 3 streets of value from KK-44, and I doubt they have an A very often, so checkity-check it goes. Any thoughts on this? </font>

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.5)
SB bets $1, UTG calls, Hero calls

<font color="blue"> [censored]!! Disaster card. Now I've completely crippled the deck. I need a plan to get at least some monies in da middle. HELP ME!! </font>

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11.5)
check,check, Hero bets 6$

<font color="blue"> Ah, river was as brick as a card can be. I made a weak 1/2-pot bet to get something out of KK-88. </font>
Old 01-13-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Extracting with the nutzers when I\'ve crippled the deck, [censored] tu

although it is hard to accept with such a monster hand, I think this was not the right board to extract big money from ur oppponents.
SB $1 bet on the turn is so pathetic it is not even worth a reraise. So you just got unlucky.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Extracting with the nutzers when I\'ve crippled the deck, [censored

rofl i prefer the bet the flop and hope they try to make a play line [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2007, 07:44 AM

yeah i agree definitely bet out here....as big as you want to
Old 01-13-2007, 07:55 AM

I don't mind a check on the flop or betting out, hopefully someone on the flush draw might call but I'm sure a lot would fold anything other than an ace (which they don't have) so a bet could kill it right there and then.

The SBs bet on the turn is laughable but I think raising it would again kill everything there and then.

River its pretty much over, would be surprised if anyone called our bet.

Its just one of those situations that you're not going to make much money off, it happens.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:00 AM

Bet flop, small. Like 3 dollars. You've crippled the deck on the turn. What a [censored] card that was. LOL Try somehow convincing them you're on a small pair and that you're scared of the ace. Whatever that means. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2007, 08:04 AM

If you don't do flop continuation bet they will suspect you're slowplaying your hand. Just make a 1/2 pot continuation bet and hope they will try to play against.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't do flop continuation bet they will suspect you're slowplaying your hand. Just make a 1/2 pot continuation bet and hope they will try to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're both relatively unknown to me, that also means I'm unknown to them. They haven't seen me bet-bet-bet every flop untill this so I think it's quite irrelevant if I c-bet or not. I wan't to get value for this hand.

wolizer, this is a reraised pot so I don't think they'll have a flushdraw on the flop. I'm checking to get value from KK-44 as I think their range is pretty much exclusevily pocket pairs by now.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:37 AM

Bet the flop. At this level some people don't believe you've got the A if they have a mid-high pocket pair, or they'll have a flush draw or set draw. Hell, you might even have someone out there with a 3. You must bet in case the turn is a scare card, which it was in this case and everybody shuts down. I suspect SB had a middle to low pair and thought he might have had the best hand. If you bet the flop, he might have called.