Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:53 AM

Default mtt multitabling

hey guys, I'm new to posting on 2p2 but I've read a lot of stuff here and figured it was a great place to find some educated answers to my questions.

I'm multitabling 16 tables (2-5 table tourneys mostly) right now on a 17" laptop by tileing 12 of the tables and then cascading 1 more in each corner. I can keep up with all the tables and am interested in adding more. I also recently tried to hook up a monitor I purchased 3 years ago that was high quality at the time. The tables were huge on this monitor and could not be minimized so it is pretty much worthless right now. I have several questions.

1) why can't I use my extra monitor? I have talked to people at best buy and circuit city and one guy said my monitor was old and another guy said my laptop needed a better graphics card which I would not be able to upgrade in my laptop withouth purchasing a new one. (its an HP nx9720 with an ATI mobility radeon x1600 graphics card)

2) what is the most tables someone has successfully multitabled?

3) what kind of set up should I consider to do more multitabling that is pretty cost effective?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: mtt multitabling

the MTT forum is a strategy forum, so your post is wrong here.

i would recommend asking questions like that in the internet-gambling forum.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: mtt multitabling

cant help a ton with your technical issues other than saying that having up to date and fully useable hardware is very important, which is needless to say that its worth any investments you have to make if youre putting serious time and effort into poker.

as far as the multi tabling, with STTs there are/were 30-tablers. with mtts, id imagine it tops out in the 20-table range. typically one just wont be able to keep up with all the inflection points and stack size tracking with more than that number of tables. people often forget that even playing 8 games at once far surpasses >95% of the poker playing population. If you really think youve nailed all aspects of mtt play to the point where 16 is a breeze and want to add more, add 2 more and see how it goes. When i 18 table, I just tile with slight overlap, as i like to be able to see all my games at once, but its all about how you learn to multi table, IMO. i know plenty of players who cascade 12+ tables and others wont cascade more (such as myself)...just do what works.