Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 04:53 AM

Default $10/$20. Should I bet this turn?

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:05 AM
 is offline

Default Re: $10/$20. Should I bet this turn?

call, and next time check the turn. he didn't call your flop bet with nothing, so take the free river card...
Old 09-07-2007, 05:22 AM

try to include som stats and reads in your posts!

If he peels light bet turn, if not take the freecard and hit the flush.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:03 PM

i think we should bet the turn even if he doesn't peel that light.

for example, would we bet the turn if we had Ks instead of Kd? i think we would (and fold to a raise of course), since he could have draws. if so, why wouldn't we bet the turn with Kd? i could see checking the turn if we were planning to call his river bet UI, but i don't think that's the plan here.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM

take a free card, call or raise the river if you improve.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:26 PM

I think you should bet the turn. Sure, he is not calling with "nothing", but he could have any diamond or gutshot. Its not inconceivable that he calls flop with A hi, planning to fold the turn if you bet again.

Basically, I think you take this down a fair amount of the time with a turn bet. You also have the best hand occasionally. Lastly, you have a [censored] of outs to suck out on him.

Call turn c/r, fold river UI. I would probably go ahead and raise any diamond or Q on the river and call 3.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:10 PM

I'd check the turn. This board is going to induce a lot of bluffs and we have too little showdown strength to do anything about it. He also doesn't seem likely to peel this flop light unless he's planning to float you. Despite having a ton of outs to fall back on I don't think it's worth betting in this small pot.

Though that might change if we're willing to 3-bet for a free showdown. The downside is that this will sometimes be the A of flush, which isn't going anywhere... but a J might find a fold, and we preserve our equity when this is a lone diamond or QT or some such. Basically, I don't think we have enough reason to bet this turn if we don't have some alternative to bet/call, fold UI... and a turn 3-bet probably does us more good than a river call even though it opens us up to being capped.

As I said, I just check/fold UI and avoid this mess. It's unfortunate, but well short of a tragedy, if we get outdrawn or pushed off the best hand in a pot this size.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:26 PM

I keep going back and forth on the turn decision. We have a ton of equity vs. his range and we'd like to see him put in a bet with a hand that's drawing extra-thin. However, as somebody already pointed out, the board pairing like that will inspire a ton of c/r's with both hands that beat us and hands that don't.

Perhaps this is one of the rare times when there actually is value in a "value-check". If I do this, I am showing down on almost every river card.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, as somebody already pointed out, the board pairing like that will inspire a ton of c/r's with both hands that beat us and hands that don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then it's a really good bet, isn't it? We have outs against the hands that beat us and we crush the hands that don't, and we're not folding either way.

I don't really know if I believe this but if we're really going to get people to put two bets in on the turn with hands we beat then it's a good line.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

However, as somebody already pointed out, the board pairing like that will inspire a ton of c/r's with both hands that beat us and hands that don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then it's a really good bet, isn't it? We have outs against the hands that beat us and we crush the hands that don't, and we're not folding either way.

I don't really know if I believe this but if we're really going to get people to put two bets in on the turn with hands we beat then it's a good line.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we plan to show down. Otherwise it sucks since he's almost certainly following through on the river. I'm not thrilled about showing down K-high here and unless we do we forfeit a significant % of our turn equity vs the hands we "crush".