Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Internet Poker specific books?

Is there any material worth reading that may be specific to internet poker in general? I usually see a section of a few books that highlight on internet play and how they bluff less and play much more tight because of the type of players.
Does anyone have suggestions on good reading areas which may be internet specific that might improve my Live from Internet play even more.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Internet Poker specific books?

There this internet forum called Twoplustwo.com. I hear many of the posters there play a lot on-line. Not sure though, let me know if you find it.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:52 PM

I get some self comfort out of knowing that even poker forums have their share of trolls.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:21 PM

I don't know of any for NL - there's Hilger's book on limit and plenty with small sections on internet play such as super system 2. Most of the concepts in books such as NLT&amp;P are applicable in pretty much the same way. The forums here are by far the best resource for internet poker though.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:21 PM

petric,

the friendlier version of keikiwai's response is still basically what he said: if you're looking to improve your play, your best bet is to probably read the good poker books regardless of whether they're specific to internet play, and then just start reading the forums here daily.

I don't know if there's a specific "internet poker" book out there, but again, I think you'll be better served to post hands and learn from people here in the forums once you've read the canonical stuff.

just do a forum search for books if you need specific reading recommendations. it's a question that gets asked pretty regularly so you shouldn't have trouble finding an old thread.