Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 03:14 AM

Default The Lemon Law, a bad trip report on an 06 Z-06, vette buyers beware

I'm curious if anyone here has had any experience with the lemon law. For those of you who don't know, the lemon law exists to protect new car buyers from buying a lemon, or a new car with a defect or defects that cannot be fixed with multiple trips to the dealer for sevice.

I think I have a lemon. Sad story here. I bought an 06 Z06 two months ago....$80,000 out the door....it's been in the shop three times since for a total of fourteen days because the roof makes a popping and squeaking sound when it's on an incline, such as pulling in and out of a driveway. The problem is that GM fired the manufacturer who made the roof, so fixing the roofs that came from the manufacturer they fired is difficult. The dealer told me that the first time my roof had actually separated from the car and was about to literally fly off. It's happened on several Vette's already. The 06 is having a ton of problems. Grinding when turning, the roofs, amongst others.

I'm sick about this. I want my $ back. I got it back today after they told me it was really fixed this time (third time in the shop for the same problem) I pulled into my driveway and my car went "pop" "squeek" "pop". The dealer told me to "drive it for a few days and see what happens, it's 100 degrees outside so you never know"

I wrote a letter to GM, no response yet, and their website says 48 hour return-service.

I'm thinking about getting a Denali instead. I'm also thinking about hiring a lawyer to handle this.

I put $80,000 into this thing and two months later it has a problem that cannot be fixed.

I had an 03 Z06, and wish I hadn't traded it on this one, but the 505 HP really lured me in.

Not to mention the salesman also tried F'ing me out of a leather jacket on the deal....I had to return to the dealer 3 times to get the jacket because the salesman tried to weasel out of it after we signed the papers, told me to come back because the display was locked and the guy with the keys had left for the day, then he acted like he never promised me the jacket. After making an $80,000 sell.....

The other problem with the 06 vette is the suspension. Too tight, an it makes a bad noise when it flexes.

Overall, the power is unreal, but I can put 505 HP in a card board box for a lot cheaper. Style is def. amazing, but the service from GM is terrible.

The price tag on a ferrari is starting to look more and more worth it.

Either way, I want this thing bought back from me. Three times in the shop can't fix it and now they dont want me to bring it back in right away because it can't be fixed.

[censored] you GM. Dont put out your most expensive and fastest production car ever without [censored] road testing the [censored] out of it. And dont let your dealers treat your customers like this either. Nothing like feeling cheated on something like this.

-Tex
Old 07-13-2006, 03:19 AM

Default Re: The Lemon Law, a bad trip report on an 06 Z-06, vette buyers bewar

Ah yes, American cars.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:22 AM

It looks sweet, it's fast as hell and in alot of places will earn you a bit of respect.

However, when it comes right down to it, it's still a Chevy.

Can't wait for Toyota to bring back the Supra so "reliable sports cars" will consist of more than "S2000 and sometimes porsche".

As for the lemon law - no idea, I suggest googling it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2006, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't wait for Toyota to bring back the Supra

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy used?
Old 07-13-2006, 03:58 AM

Default Re: The Lemon Law, a bad trip report on an 06 Z-06, vette buyers beware

You were the guy who went apeshit about someone parking your old corvette the wrong way at a club or something right?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 AM

Actually, I went apeshit because a valet parked two cars so close to mine that i couldnt even open my door.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I went apeshit because a valet parked two cars so close to mine that i couldnt even open my door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I knew it was something like that! I don't really have a point, I was just wondering.

Sorry to hear about your new one - I'd be pissed if an 80k purchase wasn't every thing i wanted and then some. I'll never buy an American car either..
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 AM

Is the jacket red?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:49 AM

My mom successully won a lemon law suit in California with our old Pontiac, I believe around 1996 or 97. I think posting in OOT will pretty much get you nothing, you need to consult a lawyer, although it is an excellent way to make a post that includes a couple things that are obviously important to you;

-You own a new Corvette
-It cost you $80,000
-You have a cool new leather jacket
-You're considering a Ferrarri

All that being said, I have a hard time believing that you'll be able to get through the lemon laws based on the problems you have. You bought a sports car, and its making some noise. Yes, its a default with the roof, but in the eyes of the law it will likely just be an annoyance, and nothing that you can't live without. Good luck though, I hope you get what you want.

-Jihad
Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 AM

Jihad,

You forgot that he can bench press 450 pounds! Thats like, an entire corvette!