Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 02:40 AM

Default 5/10 Qhi flush draw

the whole lineup were passive stations

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, MP folds.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 04-01-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Re: 5/10 Qhi flush draw

Checkraising the flop is an option, once everyone has called. I get to pump a draw so rarely that I'm tempted to do it here.

Leading the flop is another consideration, as is leading the turn.

It seems to me that you have enough equity, despite being out of position, to push things a little.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:37 AM

Don't play good hands/draws passively. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd lead both the flop and turn... but if I checked either I'd then raise for value.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:36 AM

I'm not a fan of betting the flop, I like your check-call. But I don't understand not check-raising the turn. You've got no reason whatsoever to think your pair of queens isn't good, and even when you're behind your flush draw gives you plenty equity. Against passive players you'll be forced to bet the flush card on the river since they check behind too often. So waiting to get the extra bets in there is no good.

Check-call the flop, lead the turn, lead the river.