Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Beginner Question......

Someone posted that:
" chronicatm is 34/17/2.28 over 600 hands so im not that afraid of straight but as played i dont understand the turn overbet."

My question is what does the 34/17/2.28 mean? Also, where can i get these stats on my opponents?

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Beginner Question......

bump
Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 AM

Those are pokertracker stats. VPIP/PFR/AF over a sample size of 600 hands. What these statistics mean in details is in most cases explained in the FAQs of each forum. In a nutshell:
VPIP: the percentage of hands that this player sees a flop with (in your case 34%= 1/3 of his hands. Pretty loose).
PFR: the percentage of hands that this player raises preflop with (in your case he raises 17% of his hands. So he limps 17% and raises 17% to make a VPIP of 34%)
AF: the aggression factor: means, that he bets or raises more often than he calls, when it's >1, i.e. he is aggressive. How this value has to be interpretated in detail is subject to a lot of debate.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:28 AM

Thanks a lot Genz!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:21 AM

Minor correction on the definition of VPIP. It's the percentage of hands that they voluntarily put money into the pot. This would eliminate unraised big blinds checking. So, their saw flop percentage will be a little higher than the VPIP.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Minor correction on the definition of VPIP. It's the percentage of hands that they voluntarily put money into the pot. This would eliminate unraised big blinds checking. So, their saw flop percentage will be a little higher than the VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

<nitpick>
Is that true for all players? I mean limping first and then folding to raise would increase VPIP but not saw flop, would it?
</nitpick>
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<nitpick>
Is that true for all players? I mean limping first and then folding to raise would increase VPIP but not saw flop, would it?
</nitpick>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.