Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Going for a semi-bluff raise on the turn...

No special reads on villian - he was pretty new to the table. You like? Standard?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 06-13-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Going for a semi-bluff raise on the turn...

I don't like it. MP checkraised the field on the flop; he's not kidding around. He's got at least a ten, and he's not folding. Just check and call. If you make the nuts on the river go for the checkraise.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. MP checkraised the field on the flop; he's not kidding around. He's got at least a ten, and he's not folding. Just check and call. If you make the nuts on the river bet out he's checking behind lots of tens because of the Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2007, 01:56 AM

Good luck with that.

But maybe you will get 3bet by aces up and river the nuts and life will be good.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 AM

Am I the only one who dont like the flop peel? 2 players behind us and what? 5-6 outs?

I dont make the turn play unless I have a read that he will fold his naked 8's or T's.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who dont like the flop peel? 2 players behind us and what? 5-6 outs?

I dont make the turn play unless I have a read that he will fold his naked 8's or T's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the two pretty strong backdoor draws make the flop peel OK.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:26 PM

the second peels fine obviously the first ones pretty close but its only one player behind us so i think its fine, 2 probably make its even closer.

the semi-bluff isnt terrible if u dont think hes auto showing down JT (since our equity is so strong it doesnt cost much). I dont think his range is as strong as MJ does, when he protected pot cr's like this with the guy caught in the middle burning money (aka hero) its literally any T, I sometimes ck raise an 8 here.

on the river i think id try to bet 3bet if we river the nuts since he ll ck behind alot of Ts and may play worse PPs this way on the flop on an innocuous board, but mite raise a donk with aces up or a set unable to resist despite the bdfd hitting.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:41 PM

Interesting hand. Anyone else 3-bet PF?

Read on MP would be nice - is he the type who would open limp a hand like j9 or 97s/76s and then C/R his OESD? Even then, I don't like, because even against drawing hands, you have no FE, are OOP, and could easily get bluffed out on the river. Definitely lead any heart/J river.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:48 PM

when he bets turn he usually has a worse hand than KQ or a hand he'll never fold. if he's the type to bet/fold JT he chks turn