Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 01:36 AM

Default QQ on a A flop, call down the whole way?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>.

I honestly dont put villan on an A, i feel like if he has an A he will check raise me on the flop.. His flop line looks more like JJ TT to me. So i want to call down the whole way, is that ok?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: QQ on a A flop, call down the whole way?

grunch

call - if turn does not bring a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or Q, I fold.

disclaimer: i play bad and spew at .5/1
Old 05-22-2007, 05:34 AM

Do you have any reads on this guy?

His line does look like 99-QQ.

Also worriesome is the propensity for players at low limits to do weird [censored] like call a 3-bet on a KhJh, which could be troublesome too.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 AM

I try to see showdown as cheaply as possible unless I improve. I take note at what he shows too. Most often, this isn't a strong ace because most players check/raise this flop. If they have something like AT or A9, they very well may check the turn for fear that you have them outkicked.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:54 AM

agt, vill will always bet a gain with 99 if he doesn't meet resistance.

If you guys wanna see a cheap showdown, then raise flop and lead turn, check behind on river. An unknown doesn't 3bet a draw oop, and a 3bet on the flop would ALWAYS mean he does have an ace. Likewise you can fold to a donk on the turn (or a c/r, for that matter) as that is always TP or better too.
You might get him to lay down his 77 or whatever, if he indeed has that, but that's the price you have to pay for the info that he donks less than TP.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:14 AM

I don't like taking the lead on the turn because I don't want a scare card to come and have to fold. I don't want the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fall and be charged another bet to a check-raise. Three-bets sometimes means flush draws, like KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I don't want to miss the extra money. You only save .5BB if you raise the flop, lead turn and check river. There is a large possibility that you can be played back at since this opponent takes away the initiative.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 AM

3bets when? flop? Right. Sometimes. But we're in a readless situation, and from a guy oop, they generally do not.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a large possibility that you can be played back at since this opponent takes away the initiative.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know more than I do...
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like taking the lead on the turn because I don't want a scare card to come and have to fold. I don't want the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fall and be charged another bet to a check-raise. Three-bets sometimes means flush draws, like KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I don't want to miss the extra money. You only save .5BB if you raise the flop, lead turn and check river. There is a large possibility that you can be played back at since this opponent takes away the initiative.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you really going to fold when you improve to the 4-flush? You know that him having KQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is impossible right?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 AM

Villian did donk the flop instead of c/r
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you really going to fold when you improve to the 4-flush? You know that him having KQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is impossible right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps, like KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]... You knew what I meant.