Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Thje consept of satelite.

Is it professionally thinking wise thing to play satelite at all,when u cant buy in directly.
For example my bankroll 1k$.And i try to get Sundey million through 20$freezout satelite.
So in other worlds avergage Joe gets 1 to 11 ticket to the sundey million.And if u want money from Million then its going to be 1 to 8 i think. So in totally we need it 1 in 88 to get money.Is it professional bankroll management?
I dont think so.
I always laugh when Partypoker offers 1$subsatelite to the wsop!I rather buy lottery ticket!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Thje consept of satelite.

[ QUOTE ]
we need it 1 in 88 to get money.Is it professional bankroll management?
I dont think so.

[/ QUOTE ]
Advantage gamblers should be able to recognize that making the money 1% of the time can be a great deal if the payoff is large enough. Some casual gamblers confuse the probability of winning with the quality of the opportunity, and get sucked into betting systems where they probably win a tiny amount, but risk a disaster. Other casual gamblers are excited by the size of the payoff, and don't much care about the probability of winning. They play the lottery. An advantage gambler compares the risk vs. reward with the probability of winning, and the risks to consider include the opportunity cost and the possibility of damaging your bankroll.

I do not have the bankroll to enter the WSOP main event directly. (I have the cash, but it's not the right decision with my bankroll.) I play satellites because they are a great deal, even though I value the WSOP package at less than the nominal value since I would not buy in directly. On some, my expected nominal ROI is more than 150% due to the combination of overlays and poor play. If I had the bankroll to enter directly, that would make satellites even more appetizing (in $), as I would view the payoff of winning the satellite as better, although I might also require a higher minimum $/hour.

I don't care whether this seems professional to you. It is what actual professionals do.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 PM

Same for me.I have seen 300$ satelite with 30 players into WSOP main event(12k).Yes i have overlay,yes i have probably +EV.But consider make cash 1 to 200 or 1 to 300.I think its long shot for me.And u have to consider tons of hours to achive your result,not getting broke.
Its more like all or nothing.Not grinding safely to the next limit.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it professionally thinking wise thing to play satelite at all,when u cant buy in directly.
For example my bankroll 1k$.And i try to get Sundey million through 20$freezout satelite.
So in other worlds avergage Joe gets 1 to 11 ticket to the sundey million.And if u want money from Million then its going to be 1 to 8 i think. So in totally we need it 1 in 88 to get money.Is it professional bankroll management?
I dont think so.
I always laugh when Partypoker offers 1$subsatelite to the wsop!I rather buy lottery ticket!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your first language?