Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting

Old 02-15-2007, 05:36 PM

Default most likely to go home next week

So the most likely to be eliminated next week should be people who have bad/average performances and had bad or no coverage in the audition period, and are unattractive, and are unoriginal or dominated by other contestants.

On the female side I would guess Sabrina Sloan (ugly nose, will possibly lose votes to very strong contingent of black females if she's not great), and maybe Nicole Tranquillo (least attractive of the white girls I know nothing about). I might have guessed Stephanie because she's unattractive and unknown, but apparently Simon really likes her, which means she'll probably be really good.

For the guys, it's a little harder. I would guess Blake, Brandon, Chris Sligh, Paul, Rudy, and Sundance are all pretty safe, and might make it through even with mediocre performances. Maybe Sanjaya and Chris R too. Buzz is that Jared Cotter is supposed to be really really good even though they didn't show him. I think Nick Pedro may be strictly dominated by Rudy, so I'd pick him as most likely to go, along with maybe Phil Stacy or AJ.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: most likely to go home next week

sabrina and AJ
Old 02-15-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might have guessed Stephanie because she's unattractive and unknown, but apparently Simon really likes her, which means she'll probably be really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

On Leno during last year's competition, Simon said Daughtry was the only one he'd for sure sign to his own label. Needless to say, Simon's amazing at picking and disecting talent and determining who will sell. He's not, however, great at predicting who will win this competition.

So, I say Stephanie Edwards and Leslie Hunt are gone from the girls, along with Paul Kim and AJ Tabaldo from the guys.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I say Stephanie Edwards and Leslie Hunt are gone from the girls, along with Paul Kim and AJ Tabaldo from the guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leslie Hunt is one of my favorite females. Seen her briefly in the Hollywood portion and also in one of the AI commercials (I love you. I love you. I love you...that one).

I agree with you on the guys. I am predicting AJ Tabaldo and Paul Kim go home. For the girls, Alaina Alexander is the worst and probably should have gone home instead of that last girl. I also think Sabrina Sloan goes home.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Can someone explain Sundance Head?? The last time they showed him he sounded HORRIBLE and he's not attractive how does he have any shot in this competition??
Old 02-16-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain Sundance Head?? The last time they showed him he sounded HORRIBLE and he's not attractive how does he have any shot in this competition??

[/ QUOTE ]

He was great in his audition but I agree he definitely took a BIG step back in the Hollywood rounds.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:07 PM

I don't think Sundance was ever great. He has a powerful (loud) voice, a semi-controlled yell. He is sort of a Meatloaf-wannabe.

He is someone who's presence is felt when he is in a room, compared to most of the others who are more generic. Sundance is one of the few Idols this year I would recognize on the street. He has a bit of a star quality.

Sundance fills the need for a rocker this season (in which the other genres are overly-represented). He's made a good run, stretching his minimal talent further than most others could ever hope. If there were a Bo Byce or Chris Daughtry this year, Sundance would be a memory. He won't last long.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:15 PM

When we saw his first audition is was great and they even had a small backstory on him. In Hollywood we only saw a tiny clip where admittedly (even though I like him) he sounded off-key. Still, we saw more of him while he was good than the small clip of when he was "off". There may have been some shining moments in Hollywood that were were not shown. Idol could be just creating "drama" as they always do by showing us what they did.

I really wish they could stretch the Hollywood shows out for two weeks and let us see more of the the contestants. Having said that, they all need to shine from this point on. They will no longer be able to sneak by.

Below is an article I found at MJs. It is from Jon Peter Lewis (past Idol). He comments about how things are not quite the way the producers sometimes spin it.

on-idol-things-arent-always-what-they-seem
Old 02-16-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sundance fills the need for a rocker this season (in which the other genres are overly-represented).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I figured Sundance for more of a blues singer like Taylor Hicks, not a rocker.

In fact it's kinda strange how blandly similar all 24 of these contestants seem. Based on what they've shown us, there's no rock singers and no country singers. Weird considering Carrie and Daughtry's huge success. Seems like a bunch of rather bland soul/R&B singers this year.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sundance fills the need for a rocker this season (in which the other genres are overly-represented).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I figured Sundance for more of a blues singer like Taylor Hicks, not a rocker.

In fact it's kinda strange how blandly similar all 24 of these contestants seem. Based on what they've shown us, there's no rock singers and no country singers. Weird considering Carrie and Daughtry's huge success. Seems like a bunch of rather bland soul/R&B singers this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what usually happens. Last year was sorta an anomaly. And Bo wasn't shown until Hollywood week, and even then very briefly (although he did a tremendous rendition of the Boxtops "The Letter" that nobody but me remembers). I can't remember a year where the top24 weren't exceedingly homogenized, and it's only at the top 12 that 3-4 emerge as the cream of the crop.

I find the guys to be extra-forgettable. There's a couple that stand out... Chris Sligh, Sundance, Brandon Rogers, Blake Lewis (tho only for his beatboxing... I don't think he has a chance). Everyone else is gone in my view (AJ Tobaldo? wtf I want Castro dammit!!!!)

On the girls side there's a little more diversity, although it's mostly in the looks/personality dept. rather than the singing. All the girls can be divided into the inoffensive pop music that might even get some play on young country stations and the 'soul' singers that shout to much for my liking but I have to admit they're more talented. All the interesting girls like Dani Mcculloch were weeded out.