View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]
If anything, the Lakers have more leverage than the Wolves did because they were still a playoff team last year in the West.

That said, considering that KG and Kobe are of similar value, I think that the Bulls, if they do want Kobe, need to give up something of similar value, and the Celtics gave up Al Jefferson.

Deng is not even as good as Jefferson. The deal starts there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the fact that Al Jefferson played the same position as KG.

If the Bulls traded Deng then one of Gordon, Hinrich, Bryant couldn't be on the court at all times, since Kobe can't play the SF full time. That would force Nocioni to be the starting SF on a championship team (I doubt he could).

Also boston had an absolutely terrible team, and needed to make a trade to have a shot. The bulls are already favorites to win the eastern conferance (along with boston now), and really have no onus to make a move.

Anyway, it doesn't look like a deal is going to get done, because Paxson is simply going to refuse a deal that doesn't work heavily in his favor.

edit I would assert that Deng is relatively equal to Jefferson

Their PERs are about equal, and obv deng kills him in roland ratings, but that's mostly due to his team.