View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Begging for $ at the rail - it works!

Fortunately I am less of a down-and-out than I used to be, but a year and a half ago I would spend the days railing the medium/high stakes games on the 24h/B2B network of poker sites and I would be very chatty on the rail of the tables I was watching. And, inevitably, I would ask the big players to transfer me 10 or 20 Euros and promise to pay them back. You'd be surprised the number of times it worked - at least 10 different players sent me this sum, some of them lots of times. I nearly always paid them back, usually within the day since I'd win a few pots and ship it back.

I was begging since I didn't have a job or any income other than what I could get from selling old books and CDs on Amazon, I didn't have any bank cards, and yet I was a sick compulsive gambler with a powerful urge to play.

These days I have a job and pay my own way, thank God. Any money I lose is my own.

Have you ever begged? Have you ever given money to a table beggar? Do you think all observer chat should be banned to discourage it?