View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Poker Theory: Position and Blind Defence

I don't think those numbers are bad. Mine are 90 and 76, over 102K at $100NL and I'm not too worried.

As already mentioned, speculative hands are OK to play from the blinds but, imo, only if you've got at least 2 or 3 others in the hand for some value. 78s and 33 are not good hands to play against one player who is probably stealing but can win you plenty of cash in aggressive, multi-way pots. They're also easy to play - either you hit your hand on the flop or you don't. Of course, you're playing rather than defending your blind with those hands.

Don't be afraid to really stick it to someone who you is likely to be stealing when you really do have a hand. Use PT and PAHUD or GT+ to check out somebody's stealing stats when you're deciding whether to play back at them or not. Somebody who's doing it >30% definitely deserves to get 3-betted hard when you've got AK-AQs and pairs all the way down to, say, 99.

Also, on the other side of this coin, check out this nice little Poo-Bah by MyTurn2Raise:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=3

I'm sure there's far more money to be made from this play, than trying to defend your blinds too much as a matter of principle!

gl