View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
Today for example I watched GabyGaby 3-bet a CO raise from the BTN with 45s. He then flopped a FD on an ace-high wet board and c-bet his draw as opposed to peeling the free turn. Lucky for him his opponent slowplayed AK and got burnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

RR with 54s OTB vs a CO raise is super standard

that spot is one of the biggest money makers, the CO just calling AK is going to put him in all sorts of terrible spots

[ QUOTE ]
If he pulls stunts like that on me my adaptation will be to decide on a suitable calling range (including the premium pairs) that will be considerably higher in equity terms than his 3-bet range. I'll then c/r him AI on most/all flops and let the maths do the work - he'll usually miss, I put the commitment decision on him and in general I'll have a stronger range. Our variance will be epic but it's his choice if he wants to pull 3-bet squeeze plays with SC's against a regular that simply won't stand for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

there aren't many premium hands(and ones like AK miss over half the flops)

so you'll be checkshoving Ahigh/smallmidpair a ton with this plan

if he gets you to stop 4betting alltoghether he's already won, or if he gets you to massively drop the steals in this spot, since it gives him more opportunities in one of the most profitable spots in fr, OTB folded to you