View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: AKo, Late in Tournament, vs TAA, Fold Pre/Push? Is flop call Easy

TAA is general lingo for good tight aggresive players who play correct most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

In the actual hand I pushed in for the rest of my stack. He instantly called with Ax,Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I liked my odds there I knew I was 50+ something to win, then turn was Club, I was happy about 74% there. Then river was heart. I just wanted to be sure that this is a positive play in the future.

Because pushing in there doesn't change his play, he is still calling because we even stacks and hes getting great odds on his Q draw.

I was just wondering if pushing in was just to ride out my odds of having the best hand and hoping he doesnt improve. Seems to be happening alot in MTTs

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. This is surly going to happen again. I am glad that I made the right decision.

Can I get a little more feedback on the AK vs High PPs?

So in general vs a solid TAA, for example.

I have AKo. I raise 3.5-4xBB in MP. A TAA comes over the top with a nice 7-9xBB raise. I put him on High PP. It is correct to fold here because I am OOP. And he wont pay my AK if I hit good. Is this what your saying?

Also does it change if hes BB, and I am LP. Making him OOP. Or is AK still a fold if I presume he has Med-High PP.?