Thread: IGN Top 100
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

[ QUOTE ]
Also to Junt Monkey: Basically every Crash Bandicoot game is better than Mario 64

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious questions: When is the last time you played Mario 64? I can only assume it has been a very long time ago, because the game is brilliant with a few issues and that is being picky. I've played two Crash games (although not the highest scoring Warped or whatever). They aren't even close to the same level, merely in the same genre (yeah, you jump in both...)

Reviews for the 3 crash games on IGN were 7.5, 8.1, and 9.1.
So after 3 tries, Crash's best effort wasn't very close to Mario 64's one game.

Mario 64's was: 9.8

"Nintendo 64's early flagship title demonstrates the power of the hardware as well as the creative genius of Miyamoto and team. Not only does the game obliterate every platformer before it in terms of visual finesse, it plays just as well if not infinitely better than previous 2D incarnations of the Mario franchise. 3D worlds are huge and cleverly laid-out so that there's never a dull moment. Secrets play a huge part of the experience, recapturing the classic gameplay style of the series. In fact, this game is exactly as one might hope it would be: Mario in 3D. More freedom, more space, more options, better graphics, improved and elaborated control schemes -- it's all there. Possibly the greatest videogame achievement ever. Don't rent. Buy."

Mario 64 is seen high up on almost every top 100 or best videogames ever list. It is usually a top 10 title. I'm not sure I have ever seen a Crash game on almost any top list.