View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 11:00 PM

Default Re: preflop checkie cause i have lost every pot in the last 7 days,

ansky, as a starter to this discussion, it's clearly no different making it 2k compared to shoving if the oop player never calls (which is a pretty normal assumption); or basically plays well (EG knows that when you make it 2k its with the intention of calling a shove); At 100 bb, I think calling in this spot is pretty awful for the oop player (unless we just think its a better way to get all the money in, vs certain types of bad players). If you think OOP player will call your reraises sometimes and is an aggro reraiser to start with, then we should be shoving a wide range in this spot when we have 100 bb (like AXs sometimes etc) since these hands are hard to play post flop oop but have equity vs the raiser. In reality though, this situation doesn't exist in my experience; the preflop aggressor would have to be as aggro as a player like CTS, yet call reraises...

I guess once stacks get deeper then OOP will start calling when we 3 bet and so we might want to shove hands that are hardish to play post flop but easy have enough equity to play for stacks (EG AK)... but then with deepened stacks, shoving starts to become a pretty big overbet so meh.

I'd like to hear what you think our calling range to a 4 bet is oop if we have deep stacks oop vs an aggro player; EG we have AK button raises 200 we make it 650 he makes it 2000 we have 10k stacks. calls? push? fold? how about AQs? TT?