View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Cash game pros - lifestyle (and numbers) questions

I am planning on going pro in 1.5 years when I have finished my master degree. I'm moving to France in a month, and will learn French there before going back to Norway (probably) to finish up the degree. I play 2/4 headsup now, but am fairly certain I'll manage to get to 10/20 before my degree is finished. Then I'll move to Barcelona and spend a year grinding it up there, in addition to taking Spanish lessons. This way it won't look bad on my resumé and I'll get to experience a new culture and learn another language.

If this goes well, I hope to switch countries and do another year of grinding in either Italy or Germany and learn that language as well. I'll try to keep this up for a couple of years while grinding up enough money to get good capital started for investing.

I think it's important to do it this way; I don't want to rot away in some apartment in Norway and [censored] up my resumé by having "empty years in it".

As for the OP, I think you need a larger samplesize, and that you need to give it more time before you make your decision to go pro, but I wish you a lot of luck and hope you make it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]