View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Well done again OOT........

I don't have a problem with this. We used to have clearer rules against trainwrecking threads, and they included much of what Jared mentions here. But those rules have been left out of the most recent stickies, and it's probably time to bring them back.

This is new, though:
[ QUOTE ]
The person doing so should be banned for a minimum of two weeks, a month might be better. Anyone posting a request for such information is also banned (a shorter period perhaps but at least a week), and their post deleted.

3. If under 2 there are more than a couple people banned, the entire thread is deleted. By deleted I do not mean sent here to be edited to be brought back or deleted and brought back by an admin, but permanently deleted never to be seen again. Perhaps as an example, the thread is locked and every single post in it is deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

That lays out quite a few more specific consequences than we've put out there previously. Generally I'm not a fan of that, but in this case it's probably not a bad idea. It will help make the point.