View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

30 pounds in 90 days is not bad. I am 5'11" and 71 days ago I was 189.5. Today I am 160. I didn't use any fancy diet, I just spread out my meals, made healthy choices, and exercised 4-5 times a week.

A typical day for me would be:
Breakfast (7am):
Bowl of cheerios with 1% milk, with a banana

10am snack:
Apple or banana

Lunch (noon):
Turkey sandwich on low calorie wheat bread
1 serving of baby carrots

3pm snack:
Apple or banana

Dinner (7-8pm):
4oz Grilled Chicken
Serviing of white rice
and/or
Some vegetable, brocoli, corn, green beans ...

I worked out 4-5 days a week around 5-6pm. I did a 5-10 minute warmup on an elliptical, then about 25-30 minutes of weights. I was a total noob at lifting so I stuck to the machines first, rotating which muscles I worked on based on some website. Towards the end I started working in some free weights as I got more comfortable with how to use them properly. After the weights I would do 30 minutes of cardio on an elliptical.

I'm never really that hungry, as I eat pretty often. It has gotten easier and easier to eat less food as I have progressed. Once I hit my target weight (I don't even know what that is, maybe 155? or even 160) I plan to continue to eat the same way I am now, but maybe scale the gym time back to 2-3 times a week. I'd like to continue to improve my strength, but I'm not really hardcore about it.

I wish you luck with your weight loss.