View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: 99 on ragged board

<font color="green">** this is an online hand ... there is no reason not to have the positions of the limpers in your post**</font>

PF: don't know how hot I feel about raising a mid pair into 4 players (... 3-4 players being the worst time to play a mid pocket pair) ... and you are OOP - which devalues the hand even further

OK so on the flop ... after raising pre flop I can see any reason not to bet this flop ...
so how did the action go ... you raise ... is the maniac on your direct left (pretty bad spot to be in) where is the cold caller (EP or LP ... you say tight - what kind of range do you think he is calling preflop with ... what kind of range do you think he calls 2 a dry flop with)

on the hand ...

it's hard to put the maniac on anything (could be any Jack, a 3, smallers pockets, ace high)
the tight cold caller ... probably has a Jack (KJ, QJ, JT, J9, J8 ... and doesn't like your pre flop OOP raise) ... or smaller pockets (99-66)

I don't see any reason to 3bet the flop ... but I do like a stop'n'go - mostly to see if I can push the cold caller out of the hand (but if the maniac raises again and buddy still calls - I just fold)