View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Juries: Yes or No?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hear ya nielsio, but really, you can theorize about what would make the state system not as bad. There are shades of gray. There is a difference between getting punched in the arm and having your eyes gouged out.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then what? So we can write a letter to the editor? Write our congressman? All of that is nothing but a suggestion box for slaves. People who violently hold a monopoly are *not interested in helping people*. Don't further the myth that they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand. Politicians are vote maximizers, that is their raison d'etre. Ron Paul seeming to be the notable exception, given his voting record.

I understand that the only way to a stateless society is through the widespread understanding that the existence of the state is wrong.

However, I will not cut off my nose to spite my face. I fully intend to vote libertarian (or Republican if Paul gets the nomination (I know that he won't) because I happen to think that that is a step in the right direction! If the state were reduced significantly because either of these parties won, many many peoples lives would be improved greatly and I hope the logical thought would be that maybe they should go one step further.

What we're dealing with here are realistically extremely improbable, I'm just trying to strategically maximize the chance of it occurring.

ALSO, even if it never gets there, I sure as hell would rather have Ron Paul as president (or to a lesser extent whoever actually is on the republican ticket) than that vicious communist Hillary Rodham Clinton.