View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/25/07 NFL SNF GAME THREAD (PHI @ NE) ***

1) I didn't say *you* said that, I askedyou a simple question which you seemed to have ducked. I didn't say anyone said that, so stop putting words in my mouth, a constant and repeated error of yours.
If laying 24.5-26 with NWE isn't a square bet, what is?

2) Would they miss McNabb? I stated that the line would be 2-4pts worse without McNabb, iirc. They clearly missed him with all the points AJ gave away both early and late, and the easy missed TD bomb to Curtis. Ugly.

3) McNabb is a great QB when healthy, and I don't have to make a case as the DVOA and DPAR numbers bear it out. You simply ran away from the argument when I posted them.

You reply to things nobody said, invent strawmen, and change the topic repeatedly, and ofen confuse Poster A with Poster B's comments, rather than answer straightforward questions.

I didn't mention laying off the game once in my last post as either good or bad, but you infer it, or said 'slam dunk' although you imply it. I specifically asked if betting NWE -24.5 was square, given the merits of PHL.

My opinion of the line - a RECORD high *ever* in NFL history at 24.5 - was value for the dog is not based on the outcome of the game. It's based on thousands of games in the past 40 years of NFL history. Others pointed out the same thing as clear evidence that -24.5 was the square side. And the BSPs came out of the woodwork to support that assertion. The books had obviously shaded the line given NWE's ATS record. All of this was obvious way, *way* before kickoff last night.

Pls define a 'square' NFL bet for me [and you've told me directly you are capable of identifying such bets], and if NWE wasn't a square bet, why not?

[feel free to answer without irrelevant mentions of fanbois, Jeff Garcia, the Ravens, or random posters who didn't bet the game. I bolded the most pertinent parts of the post fyp.]

edit: if you don't want to answer so as not to give away your secret sauce, that's understandable.