View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Second pair and nut flush draw OOP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
betting more on the flop/turn help define villains hand more/charge draws. also it creates a bigger pot for the villain to bluff at on the river as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm looking for. Thank you, sir.

By the way, are you saying that it's a good thing that the pot is big on the river? I assume you mean that a big pot is going to encourage the guy to bluff more frequently on the river. I agree that this is good. He doesn't want to give up on a pot he has invested so much in.

However, along the same lines, with a bigger pot, the bluff is going to be bigger relative to my stack. That's going to make it a scary call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big pots may encourage bad bluffs but only a ballsy villian will bluff the river after you fired two bets. Only a really uber ballsy villian would bluff the river after you fired two pot sized bets. And only a uber ballsy really GOOD villian would fire a pot sized blufff on the river when you fired two pot sized bets previously here. A suck bet is not what he wants to bluff with here because too many people call him. So I don't think the pot size matters as much as you may think.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one is talking about calling a pot sized bet on the river here. And we’re not talking about thinking villains here either because obviously if the guy is going to bet after 2 checks then he’s not the type to think about why he bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your not going to even try to understand what I'm posting then why bother responding...