View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Popular (book, movie, etc) that you simply don\'t like.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everything ive ever read by Dan Brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn’t every one left unimpressed by what they have read of Dan Brown? The Da Vinci code seamed to be a very poorly written book with one great strength very short chapters each ended on a cliff hanger maybe you didn’t enjoy the prose or the characters or the theme but the cliff hangers was just interesting enough that you were prepared to read the next chapter after all it would only be ten pages.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never read the book. In fact everyone I ever met that read the book told me it wasn't that good. One comedian put it: "People buy the Da Vinci Code so they can put it on their end table, like see, I read too." I think it is a book that every bought, although they never read a book in their life.

Oh, and I hate hate hate hate hate hate cliff-hangers in a book. Nothing irritates me more than reading a book where every chapter ends on a cliff-hanger. This techinique is also used by Terry Brooks. I got so sick of the cliff hangers I ripped his book in half. If you ask me it shows a lack of confidence in the writer's own ability. Just tell me the friggin story.

(EDIT: fixed quote tags)