View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Popular (book, movie, etc) that you simply don\'t like.

Yes, I know, no one understands why rap is so popular.

This is more for things that are absolute staples (not Britney, per se) of our society that seems like every, and I mean everyone, seems to like, but you just don't get it.

Scarface: I don't like this movie. Everyone tells me they think it is the greatest ever. Who doesn't know who Tony Montana is?

I think it is too long. It needs to be edited down. The story doesn't move fast enough for me, the acting isn't that great IMO, and I can't find myself empathizing, or admiring Tony.

The Deer Hunter: Once again, I find this movie way way way to long. It poorly juxtaposed. Weren't they at a party scene, friendly, then fighting, the Robert DeNiro is playing Russian Roulette. What was going on this movie? From the first half, this movie is a total mess. The party scene reminded me too much of a beer commercial. The bottles of beer were placed in the most bizarre places. I watched just about half of this movie before I decided I had enough. Mind you that if some of the details are wrong, I have not seen this movie for a while.

The Doors: I don't think that Jim Morrison deserves the credit for being a good singer as much as he does. All the songs are basically two-chord wonders, causing them to be monotonous.

So, list it and explain to the world why you don't like it, because few people will ever understand.