View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: You\'re making an ass of yourself, sorry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just a lurker, but I agree with the sentiments people are expressing about this clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think D$D is a clown, far from it in fact, but the OP was useless if he went through that much trouble. It is not what I would expect from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on people catch up.

I don't beleive that if we managed to speak to all 40k bank managers in the US that that alone would do the trick.

I asked the bank managers to get back to me. 2 of the 3 I have long term business relationships. The other was on my way home running erands. The whole process took place while I was dropping off and waiting to pick my daughter up from swim pratice.

I beleive in the old adage that money talks and BS walks. Banks seem to feel this way as well for the most part.

I don't want to talk to the local bank manager or even the district manager. I'm looking to talk to a regional VP or someone from corporate. I think I can make that happen, maybe not.

Todays visit was just a test of a theory of mine that the banks have been ultra-conservative in their apporach as the only real reg to come out of the UIGEA before Monday was a sentencing guideline for conviction of the breaking of the law. 5 years, go look it up.

IMPO making the banks uneasy, might cause them to make the FED uneasy, who with the right push, given the reading between the lines of the proposed rule, just might tell Congress the Act as written is unenforcable.

I made the mistake of thinking this was an open forum to discuss various ideas. Yes my original suggestion to boycott banks and credit cards was at best 1/2 baked. Personally I thought it was at least as effective as watching NASCAR instead of the NFL on Sundays.

The point is we do not have to constrain ourselves to fighting this battle on the Federal Government's ground.

In Poker Terms:

They, the Congress, made a bet that we dumb unorganized self-centered greedy poker players would fold to their bet or at least call and play their game. I say the worst play is calling here, I suggest at least check rasing. We pretty much sat out our first chance to play in this game.

We have the FED and the TD, IMPO in a sandwich move, if can we get the banks to fold. As long as the banks are a player at the table they have a much bigger stack than we do, and because of the no-liability clause in the UIGEA are in effect on a freeroll.

Now you may think I am bluffing or my hand is really weak, but I think between now and December 12th I hold two live cards.

But if I am playing this hand alone I guess I didn't have the chips to bet that I thought I did.

D$D