View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: U Make the Call: “What Was That?”

[ QUOTE ]
This brings in the clause about NL players who clearly don't understand the size of the action before them not being bound. In your case, no such clause applies. This isn't "I said call but changed by mind after I saw the action behind me", it's (probably) "I thought I was calling $20, not $35". Different aminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this scenario invokes that rule at all. this is not a case of a player Clearly not understanding the size of the action. this is a scenario of a player evidently being mistaken in the amount of a bet but not to a huge degree.

I think the rule you refer is far more applicable to the case where the difference between the actual bet and the amount a player called is so significant as to make it obvious that the caller did not understand the size of the bet. Here this is not so clear, without listening to the players explanation -- just based on circumstance you could not tell whether the caller didn't know the bet size, or just failed to grab enough chips, or thought that he had already had some money in the pot that counted toward sthe bet.