View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: A Critique of Rothbardian Natural Rights (sorta long)

[ QUOTE ]
Classifying America as a "theocracy" and "fascist" is not reasonable whatsoever, though of course I can agree elements of those things appear sometimes in our political system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Within the context of the debate i dont think this has been misused. If you want to explain further why my points are invalid rebuttals relative to moorobot's stances i'll be all ears.

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of your misunderstanding of Moorobot stems from your misunderstanding of the word "legitimacy" and the murky way the word is defined, even in citizens' minds. The very fact that people get to choose their "Mafia" is instrumental in their feelings about the state and their rights according to it. It's pretty clear from history that legitimacy is very hard to confer from an outside populace or foreign power - which is partly why we are having so much trouble in Iraq

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying democracy is only good when its voluntary? which means you agree anarchy makes sense and coercive democracy does not?

Further the problems there are more with the function of democracy than anything to do with America. The minorities aren't rebelling because of America per se, but because the majority shi'ites have taken control of all the societal resources and political powers. Democracy is a recipe for disastor in such a region. Privatization on the other hand can clearly solve this problems.