View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:22 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default 10/20 Commerce - top pair

villain is an old gambly dude who likes to bluff....he thought for like 2 minutes about cold-calling a raise and a reraise when he flopped a gutshot straight draw before folding and bitching about it.....I also think he thinks I'm a goofball because even though I'm playing pretty tight, I've been raising a lot preflop (basically every hand that I play) and he has not only commented on it, but one time he reraised me like $500 preflop with jacks (I had aces and the bastard not only calls my all-in but gets a chop pot when the board makes a straight).....

anyway, it's folded to villain (~$2k) on the button who makes it $100, SB folds, and I (cover) call with AQ.....

flop is A24 rainbow

I check, he bets $140, I checkraise to $400.....

now, often times I'll just check/call all the way against a guy like this because they're usually drawing slim and so I'll just let'em blow off chips......the reason I checkraised in this case was because A) I thought if he had a smaller ace (AJ, AT, A9, etc.) he'd defintely go to felt and I'd be missing a good opportunity by playing a small pot, B) there was definitely some chance he'd put me on a bluff and look me up with a pocket pair below aces, C) he wasn't all that deep, and D) I wasn't gonna give a freebee OOP to a hand with a low card (33, 55, A3, A5).......

after my checkraise, he pauses for a few seconds and raises $500 more.....I think he would've just called me down with AJ/etc. so his reraise either means that he has AK or better, or, he puts me on a pure bluff and he's trying to re-steal......he has like $1100 left......comments on everything?....