View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh, this must be what a politics thread is like. I feel dirty and felt a rush of blood to the head when I was contributing to it.

I know I've made my case ad nauseum and have others. Now we're beating a dead horse and nobody seems to have convinced anyone of anything so we should move on (although at least CMI came in with some last minute actual research). I'm not surprised to hear The View is a culprit though, since that show sucks balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq, I agree,and I apologize to any and all that I made personal attacks against or insulted in the course of the thread. It ain't no thang ya know? I'm ready to let this die, as the opposite ends of the spectrum will never convince one another it appears. It reminds me of the gun control debates pvn, boro, et al would have with MiDge.

Pirate,when I said you weren't using your brain I was trying to imply that you were using your heart, and emotion moreso than reason.I wasn't trying to imply you were stupid, so plz dont take it like that.

Truce? But one final thing before I go. It appears that many here have a fundamental lack of certain bedrock criminological principles. Laws are in place NOT just to punish offenders, that is but a means to an end. The end is to reduce crime. So if a law is shown to not be effective at significantly reducing the targeted crime the result shouldn't be to simply make it tougher in hopes that it does it's job. The result should be to find different ways of combating said crime. The theory is that if punishment is swift and certain then it should be sufficient to curtail the negative behavior. But if it doesn't it's time for the laws to become smarter, not just harsher.

Good day,
MuresanForDUI