Thread: StudHi Split As
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: StudHi Split As

I am leaning towards a call on fifth being correct here. If we assume that the villian started out with at least a pair, then half the time it a pair of K's and half the time a hidden pair in the hole. I think this is being generous since he didn't raise on third, which most players would do with KK. This means that half the time you have him beat with your two pair and will win 14 big bets (if my calcs are correct, and disregarding the other player who, you would imagine, would be folding on fifth. If he has trip K's you have three outs (since one nine is dead) out of 37 cards so you are about 1/12 to draw out on him. Of course if you draw the nine and he pairs up his boat is bigger.

It is hard to imagine what seat four could have to make his play correct. It is unlikely that he is rolled up since the one three is gone, but it is possible. The seven most likely didn't help him on fourth. The four on fourth could have paired him if he was on str8 cards, but if he was he has already misplayed his hand. If he has flush cards, he has misplayed his hand. If I had to fathom a guess, based on the limit you are playing, I would say he has 45 in the hole and made two pair on sixth. He also could have a pair in the hole, and if it was fives, he misplayed it, but spiked a two outer on sixth. If it was fours, same analysis. Other possible hands are QQ,JJ,TT, but you are not worried about them. If he played 563 and made his str8, he is terrible, but those things do happen in low limit stud. So basically, I view this player as contributing to the pot, but unlikely to win. His play is making it more correct for you to call, since he is sweetening the pot.