View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/29/07 NFL Thursday GAME THREAD (GB @ DAL)***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm probably missing something huge, but these two teams are more evenly matched then the book is giving them credit for. I hate the fact that money is on GB and the line moved to 7, and I'll probably end up regretting it, but the numbers say Dallas should be 4-5 point favorites here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dallas meanwhile has convincingly defeated everyone except the Pats, who they put up a pretty good showing against, and the Redskins in a rivalry game which is always close,

[/ QUOTE ]

don't forget the luckboxed win in buffalo

[ QUOTE ]
against a tougher schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm...beat:

MIA and STL, a combined 2-18
a pretty bad CHI team
a bad MIN team
overrated NYG's twice
PHI-bad
WAS, decent win there
NYJ....

combined record of opponents that they beat 36-61

GB: 52-57

also, they share many common opponents, differences being:

GB winning @ DET, DEN and KC, and beating CAR (not impressive, just pointing out who they've played different) and SD at home.

DAL squeaked one out in BUF, and beat MIA, STL, and NYJ.

DAL got shown up pretty good at home against a great team, and GB had a bad loss at home in a big div rivalry.

Other than those games, they have played the same teams, and have the same records.You tell me the more impressive schedule.

**edited to save possible math embarrassment...studying right now and went through really quick doing the combined records in my head, so I may be off slightly. if someone double checks i may be off a game or two, but shouldn't be a lot.