View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Auto transmission won\'t shift

[ QUOTE ]
have you always checked to make sure your car fluids are full? (specifically transmission fluid)

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to express oil (for oil changes) and they always check the fluids while doing the oil changes...last one was about 2months ago...and they "looked fine".

I have also been having electrical problems w/ blinking lights on the dashboard. The speedometer doesn't work, engine light comes on randomly but off most of the time...and sometimes the overdrive light blinks. When the overdrive light is solid 'on' is when I have transmission problems (as far as changing gears).

Battery light came on about 2 months ago and I replaced the alternator which cleared that up. The O2 sensor was replaced 2 years ago december to pass inspection. Timing belt replaced 2.5 yrs ago...that was a biggie - $650. The front axles are shot to hell,,,clicking when I accelerate through turns.

The more I read, I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, my computer could be malfunctioning.

But def going on the advice of others and picking up AAA and dumping this POS when it dies for a new car.