View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: another tipping question (sorry)

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me..this is so true. You stiffs out there will get screwed. The dealer will find some angle to screw you sooner or later.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok... let's keep perspective. A dealer who is actually being professional will not look to screw an under-tipper, ever. But not all dealers are particularly professional. But they also don't want to lose their job over a couple dollars a day of tokes, so most of 'em won't try anything truly dastardly. But yes, if you tick 'em off you can expect that they'll be a little quicker to muck your hand if you've stood up from the table to adjust your underwear during a hand, or they may fail to notice some tiny rule infraction that is going to work against you that some other player is making. Mostly, though, they'll just glare at you and pitch your cards erratically. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As well, failing to tip for a $3 blind steal is NOT going to tick off very many dealers (and those who DO get upset about it can just suffer). Few really do expect they're gonna get $1 out of your $3 of profit. So if it makes you feel like a chump to do that, don't feel obligated. Again... how do YOU feel about it?

On the other hand, if pot after pot is $6 and gets checked down to the river, how's the dealer supposed to feel about working for 15 minutes making his $1.50 minimum wage? So yeah, I've actually tipped a dealer when I lost money on a pot after rake and split just 'cause the poor guy hadn't been toked in 3 hands. I toked a dealer my stack of $1's the other day because when I asked "why'd they close the long table with the autoshuffler and bring those players to our jammed full stud table with no shuffler instead of taking us over there" he immediately volunteered to call the floor to move us. This left him at a dead spread making no tokes; that'd be an example of professionalism (giving up tokes for the benefit of the players) that should be rewarded.