View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread, got to the middle of the second page, but I just wanted to comment on the doyle vs gold hand. Some guy said 'if you're going to stack off with the 3rd nuts 400BB deep, you're probably a losing player', and I seriously LOL in your weak-tight face if you're so nitty that people always have a better hand when you get action that deep. In live games people regularly stack off with 1000BBs with one pair. I've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO for god's sake with one pair at showdown, all-in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is spot on and against Gold's reasonable range in an 300/600/1200 game with 500k$ stacks is any overpair, any pair, any two pair, any set, any flush and the straight + the occasional bluff T-high flush plays so well thats its absolutely ridicilous to even consider folding. Especially when you also know that after his 2x pot raise on turn he is not going anywhere with any of those hands even if you move allin for about 380,000$ more.
And since you've won a 1200BB pot in live PLO with just one pair (all-in on turn) (I bet you had atleast 51% equity) (Doyle has 0% btw, do you think it makes any difference?) I'll take your word for it.

But on a more serious note, if you or anyone else want to contribute to televised poker you don't have to make bad posts like 99% of the people do you could actually make good posts with good thinking, but no everyone just keeps making bad posts, WHYYY.

[/ QUOTE ]

this level is so good that I'm actually not sure if it's a level. >_>