View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: The TSA and a Dead White Lady

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The 19 hijackers didn't have to be let in on visas had our laws been different and less liberal. Instead of subjecting everyone to searches and mistreatment, if we simply didn't let in many people of questionable or suspicious background, we wouldn't have had that problem on 9/11, and average Americans today wouldn't be subjected to ridiculously time-consuming and irritating waits and procedures. But the liberal tenet of non-discrimination is so engrained in the American psyche, that the notion of profiled refusals for visas stands as so repugnant that it won't even be contemplated by those in positions of authority to make policy. Better everyone should suffer than risk violating the liberal mantra of absolute non-discrimination no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've flown 8 times since 9/11... I haven't found any of them to be time-consuming or irritating. SAC, LAX, Vegas, Tucson, and some small airports... all of them took less than 30 minutes. But yeah, every white man should bet allowed to show up 5 minutes late for a flight while everyone else is subjected to cavity searches.

[/ QUOTE ]

your sample size is too small.

anyways, the daily searches of old ladies, children, and those dreaded white guys you hate, do not do any good, and waste everyone's time. period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've flown perhaps once a month since 9/11 (60 round trips?) and have not had any major problems. I have managed to bring liquids not in a seperate ziplock bag (by mistake) twice and not been stopped. I'm not too sure they do anything at all. The longest wait I can remember in that time might have been 20 minutes and most times I have waited <10 minutes. I do fly out of Austin (a pretty small airport), so that might be some of it.

Obvious targeting of people is foolish as they will just avoid the profiles and send someone else to do the work.