View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Reducing the amount of luck in poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of the comments in the other thread include "this would ruin poker forever"... how? I don't see how this affects the game very much at all. The gameplay is the same, the EV of each play is the same... the only difference is that variance is less of a factor and the "long run" comes much sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was answered in the other freaking thread.
If this was the case, then the fish who come to gable purely on luck would have no reason to play any more. Jesus - learn to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to address this in the first post but evidently it slipped my mind while I was typing it. I might be wrong, but I don't think many people would stop playing. You can still gamble, bluff, and play a high risk game. Remember, it would only affect hands in which people go all in. So the only thing you can't do is repeatedly go all in with flush draws and expect to make a profit... well guess what, you can't do that now anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
tilting would happen less often

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, and this is a good thing how?

[/ QUOTE ]
I see your point, but at the same time I don't love to prey upon tilting players as much as other people. I enjoy poker when it's a competitive game of skill... and I enjoy it less when lucky cards are determining all the huge pots, or when people get desperate/emotional and stop playing skillfully.

Perhaps I'm in error to see the game as anything more than a way to get money, but it's how I feel. Not everyone will agree.