View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: I can’t stop playing poker

If you cant stop playing then you may have to admit you are an addict. There is nothing wrong with wanting to play all the time but when it is affecting your relationship then its time to step back and see if you have a problem.

As mentioned above step back for 2 weeks. Romance your lady, dinner flowers etc, spend some time with friends. anything but sitting playing on virtual felt.

If you cant honestly do this then you may have a problem and may need to see someone about it. This can become so destructive and you will only come to realise this when people around you become so unhappy and do drastic things like leave you.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to play poker. I play most evenings as I cannot sit and watch a tv show without becoming bored. But i will take time out to spend time with the g/f or play on a laptop in the same room. Haha i also donate 10% of any winnings to the g/f so she has a vested interest in my playing. Shes never earned so much cash from watching her favourite shows.

In all seriousness you need to take control of your playing. youve made the right step in identify a problem. next step is action. Dont put yourself in situations where you will be bored while away from poker, do something constructive. Hit the gym, learn a new skill, read a book, cinema etc. break the cycle and you will come back a stronger poker player for sure.