View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Genarlow Wilson -- Georgia is insane

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the 10-year sentence was the judge's version of a "make right" for the jury's inability to convict on the rape charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any actual information on this other charge? I don't see anything in the article and haven't heard anything on CNN (though that certainly doesn't mean that it didn't happen).

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know this happened 4 years ago, right?

You saw it on CNN because the courts just ordered Wilson's release.

I remember looking at it in detail some years ago, and they showed the video (censored...LDO) of him and two other guys screwing and skull-jamming these two girls....one of which was motionless on teh bed for like the entire time on the tape (couple hour, if I recall).

I'm going off memory from a while back, but that was pretty much the gist of it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, no one has mentioned in this thread yet that his release has been ordered and he'll end up having served about 2 years for all of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's mentioned it because it's the headline and the first sentence of the article that I linked at the beginning of my OP. No one was trying to hide this obvious part of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, mary...I wasn't implying you were hiding anything...I didn't know if you just stumbled upon the case, seeing how it's been out there for 4 years, and every 6 or 8 months someone posts it up as if they just learned about it and "OMFG what an atrocity!"...

[ QUOTE ]

The fact that you think two+ years (and the scare that it could have been as much as 10) in prison for something that hardly deserves a sorry is an OK result is pretty amazing. I wonder if you'd feel the same way if you were accused of something petty that rested 2 years of your free life in a state judge's hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Something that hardly deserves a sorry"?

"something petty?"

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hmm...I'm just now realizing you're one of those guys being disingenious again, I'm out.

Have a good day, bud. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]