View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: late in 24+2 faced an overpush

[ QUOTE ]
The only way you can call this is if you've seen this villain make this play before with less than TP.

I dont know what it is but this kind of play puts me on tilt. And i see it a lot these days all throughout smallstakes, be it MTT or cash. Because it tilts me I have made spite calls and have seen villains show up with all sorts of hands, TPs, JJ-KK, lower pairs bottom pair whiffs, gutshots.

But overall, i dont think you can call with less than TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two new donk defenses. One is the min raise. The other is to play OOP on every hand and to just open fire on any flop. That doesn't mean you should call here.

First, I would raise LESS preflop, because you don't need to raise more to get a fold and you don't want to bait him to come over the top. Even if you bet, say 25K, if he comes over the top, it's going to suck so badly and you'll have to fold. So, I would bet like 18K or something. Keep the pot small so that he is less inclined to overbet as well.

On the flop, it's an easy fold, still, because many hands he pushes with are WA or has a smattering of outs.

Barry